Monday, August 5, 2013

Boise



 We had a great trip to Boise.  Daddy was able to join us for the weekend and we had a blast at the water park and then we also headed downtown to our new favorite French restaurant for brunch.  We also spent lots of time with family and it was so fun to have Daddy there.
 We got to be there for Benson's first birthday!  He is too cute and I was so glad that we got to be there for his party.
 We went to a new petting zoo in the middle of no where with Emily and her kids as well as most of the cousins.  It was crazy hot!

 but they got to touch some really cool animals like zebras!


 I had Jace in the stroller but he was insistent that he needed to pet the baas and the neighs.
 We had a really fun barbecue at Ty's house and the kids had so much fun playing. 
 Jacoby loves spending time with his cousins and it was awesome having the boys so close.  Kimber and I would meet at the corner and they would run back and forth and play.
 I love this kid!  He wanted me to take his picture like this.
 Uncle Ty built them a water park in his back yard and Emma was over playing with Jacoby so they all got to play in it and loved it!
 This pic cracks me up!
 Jace loved playing with the big boys
 and not so much with his younger cousins.  We don't quite know how to share yet and we are entering that really fun stage with the little ones. 
It was a great trip but it is funny how things work out.  We were suppose to be there over a different time but we bought the cheapest plane tickets in six weeks.  The morning that Jarod flew out, Ash had taken Emma to the doctor and they were told that they needed to take her to the hospital because her sugar levels were so high.  Poor miss Emma was in the hospital for the next few days where she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  I am so thankful that I was there.  I would have been going crazy had I been in Cincinnati with everything that was going on.  Jacoby spent a lot of time at the hospital keeping her company and I really feel that was the real reason we were there.  I think that cousins made the best medicine for this little girl to get her through the hard few days at the hospital.  I was also so grateful that I got to help with Benson and be there for my sister.  Emma is so amazing and is doing great!  I am so proud of her and her Mama! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have thought about you being here during this hard time of our lives and what an amazing tender mercy it was. Thank you so much for all of your help with Benson and for being there for Emma and me. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.