Thursday, October 16, 2008

The City of Brotherly Love

A few months ago, I was notified that I won a CIGNA Quarterly Champion Award for my Walk the Talk program. For being a winner I got to attend the CIGNA award ceremony in Philadelphia the first week of October. Jarod has school on Monday nights so he wasn't able to go with me. When I called to tell CIGNA this they told me that I could bring anyone from any where in the country. I was so excited that my mom got to attend with me!! They actually flew her in early to Chicago for the weekend and we flew together to Philadelphia.

There was about 150 people there that won awards through out the year. The evening started out by announcing the Quarterly Champion Winners and at the end of the night they announced the BIG Annual Award Winners. I was shocked to say the least when they called my name!! It is the biggest honor you can achieve at CIGNA and I was very humbled to receive it. Here is me posing with my two Tiffany awards. I wish the were jewelry not crystal awards but I am not complaining :)


The next day, my mom and I took in the sites of Philadelphia. We did the hop on hop off bus tour and saw all the history that the city had to offer. It was really neat to see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the famous Rocky steps.

We had a great time in Philadelphia but the highlight for me was having my mom in Chicago with Jarod and me. We were busy all weekend getting the nursery together and making lots of fun stuff for the baby. Actually my mom all the stuff while I watched. She is so talented! I will have to post some of the stuff she made. It is so cute! We had the best time!!
Saying good bye in the Philadelphia airport was very hard for me this time. You would think that I was new to all of this living away from home stuff but the last few times have been harder and harder. I miss my mom so much and it is hard to live away from her! She is such an amazing person and I feel so lucky to have her as my mother. I can only hope that I can be as good as mom as she is. I have such a wonderful teacher and look up to her in so many ways. I love you mom and can't wait to see you again in a few weeks when our baby decides to come. Let's just hope the little one cooperates and knows that it needs to wait for his Mama to get here because I will need my mom!!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congrats on your award! What a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I tried to send this before. But I wanted you to know that I was so proud of you. I had a great time. I was excited to be able to see you win. I will never forget you whispering to me right before that what you had done was insignificent. I don't believe that I know that you have touched many people in you line of work. I truly believe that we are placed where we need to be at the right time and in the right place. I loved being with you and Jarod. thatwas the funnest part. i love to watch you and him in your own place. I love you both so much and I can't wait for the next BIG visit. Love MOM

The Hemming's said...

How cool to have your Mom there! She is such a special woman. I feel blessed to know her as well. She is so talented! Congrats on your awards! I can't wait to see you again. I noticed you used the word "his" in this post. Are you thinking this baby is a boy?