Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!

October is a big month for my family and birthdays, considering that my two favorite men in the entire world have birthdays two days apart! And yes this post is a little outdated!!
My Dad's Birthday was October 12. Last year my dad was here for his birthday but since I can't travel any more we had to celebrate over the phone. Happy Birthday Dad! I love you and hope you enjoyed your book. I can't wait for you to share it with the baby in a few weeks.

October 14 was Jarod's 29th Birthday! I can't believe it! The first birthday of his that we celebrated was 15. Wow, how time flies!! This was the birthday that nothing would come together though so it ended up being pretty low key and it wasn't lack of trying.
First, the Cubs made it to the play offs! That was the exciting news the bad news was that I had an in on tickets for Jarod's birthday but the Cubs got swept in three games and didn't make it far enough for us to go. I was so disappointed! I thought that would be the best gift and even bought him a new Cub's T-shirt to wear to the game. I ended up giving him the T-shirt but it wasn't nearly as exciting without the tickets.
After the Cubs tickets were a flop, I moved on to football tickets. Jarod and I have hit a new football stadium every year for the last few years taking in some college football games. I decided that it would be fun to take him to the Iowa- Wisconsin game this year. I have been working on tickets for a while and thought it was a done deal until two days before the game when I found out that our connection fell through. Strike 2.
So to make a long story short we ended up going to the Country Music Fest and seeing Taylor Swift, Cross Canadian Ragweed and a few other bands. We had a great time!
So Happy Birthday to my dad and Jarod! The best dad and husband a girl could ever ask for. I love you both!

No comments: