Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Jacoby and I flew back from Boise just in time to spend Mother's Day with our little family. I felt bad leaving my mom for Mother's Day but Jarod had big plans for me here in Chicago. Jarod surprised me with a new bike and a seat for Jacoby!!! We were both so excited!

Jarod has been riding his bike to work everyday for over a year now and loves it. He has been wanting me to get a bike for a while but we were waiting for our little guy to be big enough to ride in the bike seat. He is big enough now so it was a perfect Mother's Day gift!
The first ride out I wasn't comfortable having Jacoby on my bike since it has been a while since I rode a bike so he went on the back of Jarod's. He wasn't sure what he thought about the helmet but after we told him he had to wear it to be on the bike he left it on because he wanted to be on the bike. He loves it! He sings the entire time or tries to tickle his Daddy. He also points out every puppy, tractor or truck. His favorite things these days!


I was so excited and knew exactly where I wanted to go on our first bike ride- down to the lake front. I run all the time down there and always thought it would be fun to ride bikes and it was! We stopped to take a few pictures and Jacoby just wanted back on the bike the entire time so he looks so happy.



He really does love me!

Me with my new wheels! I think I have discovered my new favorite thing to do in the city!!
Jarod spoiled me this year with brunch and new running shoes as well. It was a great Mother's Day and I am so lucky to be this sweet baby's mama!

No comments: