Friday, February 25, 2011

First Nightmare

Last week Jacoby had his first bad dream. He starting screaming in the middle of the night at his friend Nella. "No Nella, no Nella, NO!!!!!" Then started crying. I was so upset that I woke him up to tell him everything was ok which is not what you are suppose to do but I didn't know. Anyway, once I woke him up he was even more upset and it took me a long time to calm him down. Since then he has talked about his dream and I think it was a continuation of an experience earlier that day. Lindsey and I took the kids on the train for entertainment. We got on and off at the same spot but just rode around Chicago for a while letting them take in the sites. By the time we got home it was past Jacoby nap time and he was crabby. We have a rule that he has to hold my hand while he walks down the street here in Chicago. There are just too many cars, people, etc. that it makes me nervous. He is usually really good and doesn't fight me at all but that day he was with Nella who doesn't have that rule and he was so mad that he had to hold my hand and she didn't. He had a huge melt down pretty much the entire way home until finally he practically fell asleep in my arms by the time we got to our door. I am pretty sure that the dream was a continuation of him being mad that he did have to hold my hand or that he was upset that Nella wasn't holding some one's hand. All I know is that I felt really bad for him and it was not fun. He finally calmed down, while we rocked. He had some milky and then told me he was ready to go back to bed. He fell asleep all twisted in my hair with one hand on me and the other on his Daddy- his favorite place to be.

No comments: