Thursday, February 28, 2013

California

 We left Cincinnati and all drove to Dayton.  Where we were delayed four hours.  Lucky for us Jarod was with us for that but then we got to Chicago and he got off there and we continues all the way to LA. 
 The boys did amazing even though it took  us about 13 hours to get there and either of them slept from Chicago to LA.  Then we went and got a rental car and started on our hour long drive.  Jace had a little bit of a meltdown but then fell asleep.  Jacoby on the other hand had to pee and we were stuck in traffic.  He couldn't hold it any longer and peed his pants.  When I was finally able to pull over I did and he peed more in a bottle, then I stripped him down and put him back in his car seat.  We arrived at Hank and Dee's with one naked and the other screaming.  Exactly how I felt!!
 We were able to pull it together though and went and had a fabulous day at the beach the next day.  It was beautiful!  I didn't think that it would be that warm so I didn't plan on getting in but Jace made a bee line for the water.  He would not settle for anything less then getting in.  We started with getting our toes wet and then ended up swimming in our clothes.  It was a blast and Jacoby thought it was hilarious!!
 Jace loved playing in the waves but he did not like me holding his hand at all.  He kept trying to escape and Jacoby kept telling him that the ocean was too strong for him.  He didn't care.  After a long time of playing in the water, we dried off and played soccer and built sand castles. 
It was seriously one of the best days ever!!  I didn't get very many pictures because I was busy chasing two boys by myself but this is a day I will never forget. 

No comments: