Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cutting Hair

Well it finally happened, Jacoby cut his own hair.  I think every kids does that at some point and he was four when he took a chance with some scissors.  I felt horrible for him.  Jace was asleep and I was upstairs taking care of some paper work.  When he came dashing up the stairs to show me. 
He told me he had a surprise for me and was so excited to show me.  I didn't know how to respond.  I could tell that he was going to be devastated that I was not excited about it but I also could not let him think that he could cut his hair any time he wanted.  So I told him there was a reason that we had someone else cut our hair because we couldn't see the back and then I took him to the bathroom to show him and he started sobbing.  He was so upset. 
I told him that we may need to buzz it all off and he was so upset.  It was pretty traumatic for him so I hoping it doesn't happen again. 
We went and got his hair all cut off but we didn't have to buzz it.  He looks adorable and we have all moved on, poor boy!

2 comments:

Jim Domeny said...

At least it was only the back and not the front like you did! People only see the back as you leave and then gigge but when itis the front and they are looking at you they giggle in your face!

Unknown said...

oh the first picture of him is priceless. Oh my gosh. Emma did this too. But she didn't get very much of her bangs thank goodness.