Thursday, December 12, 2013

Meditation scriptures

I am on day 22 of my 40 day meditation and every day before I close my meditation I read my scriptures.  Some times I read about a topic and other times I just let my scriptures fall open and read whatever page it lands on.  The three times I have done this I have been blown away by the scriptures I have been lead to.  I didn't want to forget them and since this is my brain, here they are.

Psalms 1:2-3
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

2 Peter 3:18 I have been lead to this one twice
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To him be glory both now and forever, amen.

1 Peter 2: 9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness in to his marvelous light.

The last one was a specific answer to my prayer the last few days.  I felt inspired to volunteer to teach a meditation class to the people in my ward, which was really scary for me.  Funny thing was they had prayed that they could find a way to teach the women balance and they came to me earlier this week and told me that they thought this was the answer to their prayer.  I have been praying and pondering how meditation has helped me so that I was confident I was teaching some thing the Lord would want me to teach.  I have been afraid of what some of them would think of me and today I know that I have to teach them what brought me out of my darkness even if they find me peculiar because we are a chosen generation and a peculiar one.

No comments: