Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Family Vacation

I was so excited to take Jacoby on our first family vacation!! It is crazy though how much stuff you have to pack. This was Jacoby's 7th flight but this time we weren't staying with family so we had to bring everything with us. So after I got us all packed, Jarod and I finally went to bed really late and then Jacoby was so excited for the trip he decided to wake me up constantly though out the night as well. So this is how we ended up the morning of our trip! Jacoby wet through on his jammies and I was too tired to change his clothes so here he is sound asleep with his Daddy, naked, while I was busy trying to fit the last little bit in our luggage. I was afraid that we were going to be in for it on the flight since he didn't sleep well the night before. He did great the first leg of the flight but not so much the second leg. It was the first time that I had that kid on the flight. It was just as much fun as I thought it was going to be! The worst part about it was that they didn't turn the seat belt sign off the entire time!! I was so happy to see land even though he was sound asleep by that point.
It was all worth it as soon as we got there though! Boy, I had really missed the ocean and the beaches in Destin were gorgeous! Some of the prettiest ones I have ever seen. White sand and turquoise water, it was breathtaking!

Jacoby was as excited as we were to be there. He was very interested in the sounds of the waves and the birds. His little head was just looking from side to side as fast as he could to take it all in.


He was so cute in his little get up too!


He was a happy camper until we tried to put him in the water. He was not a big fan of the ocean waves. He got splashed in the face a few times and that was that.

He didn't mind sitting on the beach though and letting the water come to us. That was much more his style!

But his favorite part of the ocean was the sand. He loved it!

It was a full time job keeping his hands out of his mouth and he is so fast that he got some a few times.
We were all so happy to finally be in Florida at the beach it was a nice way to end our first night there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautiful place. He is so cute! With such a fun personality, knows what he likes and what he doesn't. Love mom