Thursday, July 30, 2009

Standing Proud

I have been meaning to post this picture forever and I finally got around to it! This picture was taken one evening while Jarod was at school so Jacoby and I headed down to the Lake for some Mommy and Jacoby time. We laughed and played and just enjoyed each other. It was a wonderful night with my sweet baby.
While we were playing I caught a glimpse of our shadows and it was so Jacoby that I had to take a picture. When you hold Jacoby, if he is not in the mood to cuddle, he sticks his chest out and puts his arms back. He doesn't help you hold him very well and it looks like he is so proud of himself and just happy to be here.
I sat there in that moment and told him, with him looking at me like I was crazy, that I hoped that he would always stand as proud as he does now. I hope he is always just happy to be here. I hope that it will give him confidence to know how much I love him. I hope that he will always stand firm in who he is with his chest out and his arms back with those beautiful big blue eyes and smile!
And then I kissed his beautiful face and he grinned and laughed at me like he got it and I hope that he did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What more could a parent ask for than to know that their child is secure in who they are. You can just see how much love you have for him and he for you.The shadow picture reminds me of how he has your support and always will. I love you both so much. I hope that you always have that special bond.He is a precious boy. Love Mom