Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Day of Swimming Without Mama

Yesterday was a big day for my little boy. It was his first swim lesson by himself. Last week we stayed and watched the older class so he would understand that I didn't get it. He told me he wanted to do it so yesterday we gave it a try. Can I tell you that this little boy never seems to amaze me! First of all, he told me yesterday that he didn't need me in swim any more. He was a big boy and could do it all by himself but he followed that quickly with but I need your hair, I need you to cuddle with me and kiss me, I need you to sleep with me and the list kept going. It was pretty cute. I think he was trying to soften the blow. He told me not to be sad and Daddy would make me happy. Then Jarod came in and he said I don't want Mama to be sad because I am going to school all by myself so can you make her better. So funny!
Anyway, I was really nervous. It was our first real experience of him doing anything on his own. We got there early to watch the kids and talked about it. When it was time for class, he grabbed my hand and said come on Mama you can come and watch me. So I went and sat next to the pool and watched him do amazing! He did such a good job listening and did amazing swimming. He doesn't love back floats with the teacher but he did them. It was pretty funny though because freeze in gymnastics means you put your arms in front of you so the teacher kept telling him to freeze on his back and he would put his arms straight out in front of him. Too funny. He kept looking over at me through his goggles and waving. He wanted to make sure I saw everything but he did amazing. I am so proud of him. My little boy is growing up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, that is awesome. I am so glad that he did great all by himself swimming. I am sure it was a big relief for you and now you know that you won't have to transition him right after you have a baby #2. So proud of him.