Sunday, February 12, 2012

Decorating Cookies

Since I was a kid, every year for Valentine's day we decorate cookies. I look forward to it every year. It reminds me of my great grandma Sessions. She would make sugar cookies with the lightest pink frosting and every year decorating cookies remind me of her even though with a three year old we get a little sprinkles with the cookies!

I am not the only one in my family who keeps this tradition. All of my aunts, my grandma, some cousins and my mom do as well. How neat that all of us think of her every year while we make cookies! It is something that I hope my boys will continue with their children.

This year Jace took in the action from the wrap.

Jacoby on the other hand was very busy helping.

He loved making cookies and loved dumping sprinkles on them. He kept telling me ,"this is so much fun. Kids like to make cookies."



We had a blast and loved eating the cookies all week. Jacoby liked licking of the frosting and putting the cookie back. I think I am still finding sprinkles!!

No comments: