Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Mom,
Happy Mother's Day!  It  just isn't quite the same when I live so far away for Mother's Day so know that I wish I was there to celebrate with you but in the meantime I just wanted to tell you thank you.
Thank you for being the most wonderful mother that I could have ever asked for.  I came across a letter that you wrote to me the other day when I graduated from high school.  It made me cry.  You have always known what to say and do to make me feel so loved.  There has never been a time that I have not felt that from you and I want to thank you for always being there for me.  Thank you for all the letters that you wrote for big events in my life and also the ones that I am sure you were inspired to write as my mom.  I have them all and they mean a lot to me even to this day. 
I remember when I was in junior high and for some reason you and I were not very close.  It is the only time I can remember not feeling close to you.  Dad took me for a drive in his black pick up truck and when we got out to the desert he let me drive.  He told me that it was really hard for him to see us not close and even though he loved how close him and I were he would rather see me close to you then to him.  I remember thinking that it must be really important for me to be close to you if he wished that I was closer to you then him.  I decided then that no matter what I needed and wanted a close relationship with you.  Now looking back I realize just how wise Dad was on that day.  I have needed you and continue to need you every day.  My relationship with you is one of my most prized possessions and I cherish it deeply.  Thank you for everything that you do for me.  Thank you for being my mom and my best friend.  Thank you for being an incredible example to me not only as a mother but also as a daughter of God.  I love you and I am so thankful that I am yours!
Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

This made me cry... :You are the child who came first and made me a mother. I am so greatful for the bond that I share with you. You make me proud. I will always be eternally greatful for the gift Heavenly Father allowed me to have when he sent you to me. I am surprised you have your letters. I do want you to know that I did not write them without much prayer and thought. Many times I am sure it was not only my message to you but your Heavenly Fathers message also. I love you so much. I used to say more than you know, now you have children so I know that you know what that feels like. Love Mom