Tuesday, June 4, 2013

First Pitch

Jarod had the most amazing opportunity on June 4. He got to throw out the first pitch at the Cincinnati Reds vs. Colorado Rockies game! I was lucky enough to be on the field with him too. 
That day all day I was nervous for him.  I don't even think he was nervous but I was!  I was busy trying to make sure I remembered everything and that the kids were taken care of.  We left and went to the baseball field and met up with Jarod.  Then Jeff and Rachael met us there and took the boys down behind the dug out to watch.  Jarod and I walked under the stadium and by the player's locker rooms and then we came out of a dark tunnel to the amazing view of the field.  It was so cool!  I reached in my diaper bag for my camera to capture the moment, flipped it on and realized I had forgotten my camera battery on my counter!  I started freaking out!  I was suppose to be taking in this big moment and all I could do was look around for someone to take pictures for me.  I asked the family next to me, who's grandpa was singing the national anthem and also a Red's employee if the would take them for me.  The both said they would so I calmed down a bit.  Then as the national anthem ended they walked off the field.  Both of them.  Panic again.  At this point they are announcing Jarod and I ran over to the professional photographers and ask one in particular if he would shoot for me.  I showed him my camera to show him I am legit and he says he will.  He asked me which one and I told him that one walking out to the mound right now.  Phew, just in time! 

 Jarod got out on the mound.  Took a second and looked over at our boys and tapped his hat to them.
Then he did his wind up and threw it to Brad Hunt, his coworker.  It was a little high but it went over the plate and that's what he wanted.
 
Then he tipped his hat at Brad and the crowd and walked off the filed.  As soon as he got done.  I went back to the photographer, found a pin, gave him my email address and begged him to send them to me.  He said he was up against a deadline so it might be a few days but that he would do it.  I was still so shook up, I couldn't even eat dinner but we had a great time any way and it was such an incredible experience for Jarod!
A few days later, he actually sent them to me!  I was so excited!!!  And they were incredible.  I looked up to see who he was and he is a Sports Illustrated photographer.  How cool is that! 
Anyway, I had them printed off and framed for Jarod.  The day they arrived I could not wait any longer to show him his Father's Day present.  So yes almost a week early he got his gift but he loved it and I couldn't keep a secret any longer!
 
 

No comments: