Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wisconsin Wedding

How many people can say they spent there 10th anniversary in Janesville, Wisconsin?  Well now I can.
We left Cincinnati in a rental car and drove to Indiana and stayed the night there, got up the next morning and drove to Wisconsin.  The kids did great, thank goodness!
It was so much fun to see every one and of course my kids got all the attention, since they are the only little ones on that side of the family.  
We were lucky enough to spend our tenth anniversary at Eric and Sheryl's wedding.  It was really fun to think back and remember what we were doing that day.  They even had a shout out to us that night at the reception. 
Jacoby was so funny posing for pictures.  He is a super hero here and I had to laugh at this picture of the boys standing so nice, this NEVER happens.  They can actually hold still, I have proof!
Every one kept asking Jacoby if they could dance with him at the wedding.  Pretty soon he says mom I don't think there is going to be enough songs for me to dance with every one.  My schedule is pretty full. 
It was so funny!  He kept rearranging the order whenever any one asked but one thing stayed the same, he kept telling every one that he wanted to dance with his Mama first and then maybe they could have a turn.  Yep, still a Mama's boy!
And then there was this cutie who I got to dance with too!  He loved dancing and being in the middle of everything.  He really enjoyed the cupcakes too.  The only problem was he liked to get down and dance on his own, which means he would run like a wild man on the dance floor and usually get knocked down or picked up by random people and he didn't like that.  Jarod and I finally stayed on opposite sides of him and followed him around every where letting him run but with a little protection on each side so he didn't get knocked down. 
When I wasn't chasing Jace, I got to dance with Jacoby.  Who spent the entire night dancing on the dance floor with every one.  During the anniversary song he was certain that he needed to dance in between us and you can't see Jace hanging on my leg.  It was our family dance.
I love my boy so much and I love that he still thinks I am the greatest thing ever.  He is so amazing and I am so thankful that I am his Mama!  I am so lucky to have two amazing boys who are my every thing and who I adore and love so much!
The next morning we got up and visited until it was time for every one to go their separate ways.  Grandpa J was giving rides and Great Grandma Leinen and Jacoby were lucky to ride together.  She is too funny, especially for being in her late 80's.
We headed back to Chicago for the evening.  We stayed near the airport but took the train to downtown for dinner and to walk around.  We hit our favorite pizza place Pizanos and walked around.  I was very emotional.  I miss Chicago so much and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  It is where I became a mother and the place I really found myself. 
The next morning we flew to the Dominican Republic!

No comments: