Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jeff's visit

Oh my, we had a great time when Uncle Jeff came to visit!  We look forward to it every year!  My boys adore him and he is so good at playing with them.  With that being said we had plenty of adult time this trip as well.  Jeff and Jarod went golfing.  Jacoby, Jeff and Jarod went to the Louisville Slugger museum and I stayed home with my sick baby who had strep throat and an ear infection (it was horrible!).  We also went and tried something I have been wanting to do since I heard about it, the flying trapeze!  It did not disappoint!  In fact I am pretty sure I could join the circus and do this every day.  It was so much fun!
When we drove up I made the comment that it wasn't as high as I thought it would be.  Later as I was climbing the ladder I realized just how high it was.  Wow!  It was a little scary the first time up.  The worst part was getting from the ladder to the platform.
Once you jumped, the swinging and falling in the net was the best part. 
Jarod loved it too!  He was the first one to swing from his knees and once I saw that he could do it I had to try too. 
Jeff on the other hand was terrified!  This pic pretty much sums to up and every time I look at it I start laughing.  He was a good sport though and went three times.  The second time he ended up missing the bar and trying to run the entire length of the net..  He didn't want to end on a bad note so he climbed back up there and went again but after that he as done.
Jarod and I kept going as long as they would let us.  My second time up I was able to do the knee trick and after that I tried catching the other guys hands.  I was never able to though.  We never had the right timing. 
But I know I will be going again!
We also went on our annual majorly expensive dinner to Johnny and Carlo's.  It was amazing once again and we had the best time!
We sure do love Jeff and love having him come and visit.  We laugh and laugh and never run out of thing to talk about.  I love that Jarod and him are so close and I am so thankful that they have each other. 

No comments: