Thursday, July 24, 2008

So where did we leave off....

We got up the next morning and took a train straight across Ireland to the other side. We rented a car over there and started our driving adventure across Ireland. Our first stop was the coast. Shocking I know coming from me. Anyway, we started out at the Cliffs of Moher. I love the picture above. It was breath taking.
Jarod at the castle ruins that overlooked the cliffs. How would you like that view from your window?

Another shot of the cliffs.


I don't remember what he thought was so funny but I am sure he was up to no good.

This is one of our only shots from our trip that we did not have to do the arm shot with. I think it is a great shot with the cliffs in the background.

Here is another belly shot for all of you. The Jostes family in Ireland. Jarod got splashed with a wave so don't pay attention to wet shorts. I thought it was hysterical.
The cliffs are behind us. What is really cool is this is the area that my ancestors are from. Now I see where I get my love of the sea. The Flaherty's were royalty and owned much of the land in the area that we are standing.

Who knows maybe one of my ancestors stood in this exact spot many, many years ago.

Another beach in Ireland. I love how green everything is even the rocks at the beach! The one thing that I wanted to see in Ireland was the Irish coast and I am so glad that I did. It was one of the highlights for me. We drove along the coast for many miles and it was so pretty to see the green rolling hills run into the ocean with the Irish mist rising. It was exactly how I pictured it!

No comments: