Monday, July 7, 2008

The Other Side of the Pond- London

Two and a half years ago, Jarod and I went to Europe and explored France, Germany, Czech, Italy and Austira. It was an amazing trip and we didn't want to leave. Our last night in Europe we were in Paris under the Eiffel Tower as it was all lit up and told each other that we would come back to Europe for our 5th Anniversary so that is exactly what we did.

We took a red eye out of Chicago and got to London very early in the morning. We spent the first day taking in the sites of London and trying to adjust to the time change. This is Jarod in front of one of the many churches we went to on our trip.

As we were walking along the streets of London, we heard music playing and I jokingly told Jarod that the British were throwing a parade because we were in town. Sure enough the British were having a parade even if it wasn't for us. We were right in the middle of the changing of the guard that takes place at the castle every day. What timing we have. It was really cool but so over the top. I guess that is what you get when you are royalty.



We watching the parade with the Quenn's house in the background. Who wouldn't want to live here? Hundreds of people were all lined up and down the street. We think that the Queen was out front as well. We tried to get a zoomed in picture to see if it was her but all we could see was an older lady in a funny hat so it really could have been her!

Just when we thought it was over another group with different outfits would march up a different street. It was very impressive. I told Jarod that I would buy him one of these hats but than I decided against it because everyone knows my husband would actually wear it!
We have so many pictures from Europe that I am going to have to do several posts of our trip. I must warn you though that I love the history in Europe so I am sure I will include a lot of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! It looks like you had a great time! and you do have great timing...two things in one afternoon! I am so jealous.... one day I will get there. Hope you are feeling well. See you soon!
Love ya, Heidi

The Hemming's said...

I am so glad you are back, I have waited for your return to hear about your trip.To answer your question, I don't know if Stellar looks like Josh's baby pics. Next time I go to Washington I am going to look at them.As for right now, I think he looks and acts like a little mini Josh.It's fun. By the way Josh will be flying into Chicago in about 2 weeks. Can't wait to hear more about your trip, Love ya

Unknown said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I have really missed you lately and constantly wondering how Baby is. I hope all is well. Love you.

The Bishop's said...

I am so jealous!!! I cannot wait to be able to go to europe...maybe when the boys are a little older! what a wonderful thing to be able to experience! I hope you are feeling better! And the boys and I can't wait to see you guys again!
love ya!

Matt Logan McCoy and Madden

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! What a fun way to spend your 5th anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long. I'm going on ten and that is really crazy!