Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Air Show

On August 15 my parents came into town!! We had such a good time!! The following day was the Air and Water Show at the Lake so we headed down to check it out. Everyone was very interested in the show!
It was really hot though so we tried to keep cool with water bottles. My mom commented that she was melting. It was a hard adjustment coming from Idaho to the humidity of Chicago on such a hot day!

Jacoby was lovin it. This is Jarod's favorite event of the summer in Chicago and Jacoby was very impressed too.


Daddy was busy telling Jacoby all about the different planes and mommy was busy people watching with the 3 million people that were at the air show this year.




I just love those chub legs!!!




It was so nice to have my mom and dad here!! We were celebrating my mom's 50th Birthday while she was here and made her do 50 random things and cross them off a list. It was a lot of fun at my mom's expense but I hope she enjoyed it to!

We hung out for a while and melted in the heat and then all of the sudden it started to sprinkle so we packed up our stuff and headed back home. We got home just in time before it started to rain and I mean RAIN!!

After the rain, everyone went up on our roof to watch the rest of the show! We had a great time but boy was I glad the air show was over!! It was not fun living so close to the lake and having practice time in the middle of Jacoby's nap every day for a week. Poor baby was exhausted with no sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was fun! But I really think I was melting. It was so HOT! But fun to see so many people and be with you guys.Plus I could mark that off as being with a million of my new friends on my sweet list of 50.