Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chicago Birthday Party!

On Jacoby's actual Birthday we had a little party with his 3 girlfriends! What can I say he already has a thing for girls! Actually, we seriously don't know any boys here but that's OK the girls keep up with him at this point!
We went to Family Grounds which is this really cool cafe that has drinks and snacks for the parents and a huge indoor play area for the kids. It was perfect for a little get together for a one year old!
Jacoby was excited to have his little friends there with him!

Lindsey and Jacoby's favorite little buddy Nella came to help celebrate.

Kerri and Kambria,


and Kate and Heather also came! We had such a good time!



Jacoby opened his presents and was so excited about his new ball from Kam, along with his new train from Nella and hammer toy from Kate.



We had lots of help opening gifts!

These two are so cute together! They get so excited when they see each other and Jacoby goes crazy every time we pass their house because he knows that's Nella's house. They slobber each other with kisses and squeal in delight when they see each other- too cute!


Mesmerized by fire to the point of being cross eyed!


Singing Happy Birthday! This time I didn't cry but it started snowing outside and I had kept telling Lindsey that I wanted it to snow on Jacoby's Birthday because it did the day he was born as well and she looked at me when she saw the snow and said, "Are you going to cry?". Yep, I did later but not then.
Chicago had the first snow fall of the year on Jacoby's Birthday just like last year! It was perfect and it was so beautiful!

Happy Mommy and Jacoby!


That night we celebrated with our little family. We got Jacoby a carrot cake cupcake. He didn't enjoy it near as much as he had his Birthday cake from Ash or his blueberry muffin at his kid's birthday party but it was still fun.
We gave him the cutest fire truck and I realized I didn't take any pictures that night but I will get some on here soon. He loved it and we played on it and with all of his other new toys that night for hours! We had planned on going to the zoo that night in the snow but it took Jarod forever to put together Jacoby's firetruck. It was like brain surgery! Jacoby was hilarious though and was so busy trying to help. He had us laughing hysterically with all of his help!
That night when I put Jacoby to bed I held him a little longer while he slept and thought about the first time he had been placed in my arms, so new, tiny and perfect and here was this one year old so much bigger and still so perfect!
Jarod and I watched the home videos of my pregnancy, the birth and some of the amazing moments with our beautiful son later that night. It was a great ending to an amazing day!

1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

Oh, you make me cry remembering those sweet times.It goes by so fast and sometimes you just want to go back. He is so special and I am so thankful for him. He has brought a whole new you out and it is amazing to watch you love him and care for him. He is a lucky boy to have great loving and caring parents!