Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Big 1 Year Old!!



























I of course had to strip him down to his diaper for his 12 month photo shoot like I have every month. I was kind of sad thinking that this would be the last month that I would do a monthly update so it may not be. I am not sure yet!
1. At his first Birthday he was taking lots of steps but I am funny about considering them walkers so I would say he had started walking but was not walking on his first Birthday (very shortly after though)
2. Still only has 1 tooth!
3. Talking and talking even more every day! The doctor was amazed at how much he is talking. She told me only 50% of 1 year old talk at all and the most she has seen was 3 words. I wasn't even prompting him but he was busy talking to her and using all of his words. She told me it could slow down and he would just use his words that he has now for a while, so we will see. His new ones are bye-bye, book, vroom, night-night and hot. The other day we were at a store with a doorbell and he started saying ding-dong like the bell. He also says yippee in his own little way!
4. He is a little guy and weighed in at 19 lbs. 4oz. (5-10% in weight) and 30 1/2 inches tall (75% in height).
5. Is so smart and picks up on all the hand actions on songs after only seeing them a few times. His favorite right now is a hand song called "open shut them".
6. Takes two really good naps and I am happy to say that for the most part he is finally sleeping through the night!! It took us 12 months but he is doing great and I am very proud to say that we did it with out letting him cry- something that was very important to me!
7. His doctor cleared him to start eating everything which I think he is very excited about. He is such a good eater and will eat just about everything. He still loves blueberries and his new kick lately has been beans and raw apples. We gave him meat for the first time at Thanksgiving and he just started having chicken. He does really well with it and loves eating the same things we are eating.
8. Still enjoys his bath time and the water. He still lays down for us while we wash his hair and then he will get up and play. As long as he will do it I am going to keep letting him! Makes it easier on me!
9. Loves to nurse! We may be in trouble with this one!
10. Does really well playing by himself and being self entertained for a short amount of time
11. Jacoby is such a social baby and talks to everyone who passes him and gets all excited when he sees other kids. We love that he is so engaging!
12. My hair is his security blanket and he loves to twist it, suck on it, play with it constantly!
13. He has had a runny nose lately so I have been cleaning it out with the nose bulb thing. He thinks it is really funny and laughs! He will even go and pick it up and bring it to me to do- so bizarre!
12. He is stinkin cute if I do say so myself! I can't believe how gorgeous he is and his little personality even makes him cuter!
I am such a lucky mommy to have Jacoby! He is so wonderful! I am overwhelmed with the amount of love I have for him! The past year flew by and I am trying everyday to memorize each and everything about him because he is changing so fast! I just can't get enough of him and his cute little laugh and smile! I love you Jacobes!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still can't believe how big he is. Love you.