Friday, December 18, 2009

Florida Birthday!

We had a crazy couple of weeks from Thanksgiving to Jacoby's Birthday! Jarod was suppose to fly home on Sunday after Thanksgiving but after his flight was cancelled two times he finally go home on Monday night. Jacoby and I flew in on Tuesday. We had Jacoby's Chicago birthday on Thursday and flew out to to Destin, Florida on Saturday! We were all excited when we finally got there!

The weather was not the best this time. We had lots of rain and it was pretty chilly but we had an indoor pool at our really nice hotel so we were just fine and had a great time not being in our heavy coats n the blizzard that Chicago was having.


We spent the weekend all together and Jarod and I took turns going to the spa. It was so nice to just relax and continue our Birthday celebration.



I even took a break from taking pics and these are all of the pics I have from our trip. Pretty much all from our hotel balcony.

I love this picture of Jacoby and his bed head! His hair is always wild when he wakes up!


We ate lots of really good food, took lots of naps and did some shopping! Jacoby got to try ice cream for the first time in Florida. He was a fan! He had this really yummy raspberry ice cream from this cute little ice cream place we have to hit constantly when we are there.


We left Chicago with a crawler....


and came home with a walker!!!! He started walking at 1 year and 3 days. He prefers to walk every where now and is really sturdy. He is so funny though! He could have been walking a long time ago but he is so analytical that he waits until he is positive that he can do it and not fall. The good news is that he doesn't fall very often and can start and stop himself and go up and down with control. You would never know that he just started walking by how sturdy he is. He is so much like his dad like that I cannot even believe it!


On Monday, while Jarod was working Jacoby and I went on a morning walk. Jacobes was even still in his jammies. It was beautiful and after walking a couple of miles, I put Jacoby down and let him crawl in jammies and all! He loved having so much open space he didn't even know what to do with himself! It was one of the last days that he crawled the whole time and I am so glad that I got to enjoy it with him before he became my big walker.
I have tried for months to get a picture of Jacoby's funny crawl but he moves so fast I haven't been able to get one until now- here is my little kick stand crawler- hilarious!!

We were at the beach crawling for hours! As we were getting closer to our hotel, we stopped because Jacoby found a ball on the beach. He saw it way before I did and was so excited with his golf ball find. He was annoyed with me though because I wouldn't let him touch it. For some reason the birds thought we had food or something and all of the sudden I am not even joking like 20 birds were around us and started walking towards us I picked up Jacoby and turned around and there was 20 more headed our way. I totally freaked out and had visions of them attacking us so I started running with Jacoby. He thought it was hysterical, me not so much! When I finally felt safe I stopped running and took this picture of all of the birds. It is on my cell so it is not the best but you can see how many there were.


It was a great morning with my sweet baby!
We had a great time and I look forward to going back again hopefully some time soon. It is one of the prettiest places I have been and we have really grown to love it! It was so nice to go on a little vacation to a warmer place to end our couple week long celebration of the big first Birthday!

No comments: