Monday, March 25, 2013

Date Night

Jacoby snapped this picture of Jarod and I on our way out the door for a date night.  Not too bad for a four year old. 
I am so thankful for Jarod.  He is the most incredible person I know.  He loves us and makes sure that each of us know that every day.  He can always make us laugh  and he always sees the positive in every situation.  When we went to Denver a few days ago, we missed our flight home.  We got to our gate at the exact moment they closed the door.  We had been standing in line for over 2 hours.  First to check Jace in and second in security because the day before they had cancelled all of their flights.  By the time we got there we were all exhausted and I started sobbing.  I was holding Jace and Jacoby kept trying to come and talk to me.  I told him I needed a minute and then I would talk to him.  I was trying so hard to pull myself together but it had been a long few days in Denver and I was really ready to go home.  As I was standing there, holding Jace with tears streaming down my face.  Jarod walked over, put his arms around me and told me that everything was fine.  We were together, everyone was ok and we would enjoy our day together.  He knew exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.  I was able to pull myself together and we went and enjoyed a nice lunch and raced around the airport.  We ended up going back to his parents house and catching a flight the next day and we were fine because we were all together. 

No comments: