Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jacoby and the Holy Ghost

On Sunday I was filling in for music time.  I had planned a lesson for us to learn the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me".  I had all the children stand in a circle with space between them and then I asked the missionaries if they would come in and walk around the circle and stand next to each of the children.  I told the kids that we were going to have special visitors that day who were witnesses of Jesus Christ.  I asked them to be very reverent and they were, shockingly.  I sang the song as the missionaries walked around and the spirit was so strong.  I could tell by looking at Jacoby that he was feeling it.  I know that he has felt it before but I don't think he had recognized it until now.  After the song was over, the missionaries left and I asked everyone how they had felt during the song.  Jacoby was the first to answer and told me that he felt like he wanted to go and ride his scooter because he was happy.  I had to giggle but that was the best explanation for how the holy ghost felt for a four year old.  I was so excited that I was able to be there and have that experience with him.  He got home and couldn't wait to tell Daddy all about it. 

1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

Love love love this story.He will remember that forever.