Sunday, October 23, 2011

28 Weeks

Here I am in all my 7 months glory! The beginning of this pregnancy seemed to fly by and the closer I get the farther is seems I have to go. I am just so excited to meet this little baby and I feel like I have been pregnant forever. I feel so much bigger this time and I am the same weight at 28 weeks that I was when I delivered Jacoby (minus one pound) so I am bigger but I think the reason I feel so pregnant is that I am chasing another one around or packing him.
This pregnancy continues to be completely different from my first and I am carrying everywhere this time around instead of straight out front.
I am addicted to anything pumpkin right now. I have tried at least seven new pumpkin recipes this season.
I have been so busy educating myself on labor and delivery. My new obsession!! I find it completely fascinating and amazing what our bodies are capable of doing. I have read at least 8 books on birthing and feel like even though I have done this before this one will be so different because I will actually know what is going on within my body. I love learning about the birthing process and find myself in complete amazement about the entire process.
I am so ready to meet this sweet baby. I still go back and forth on what I think this little one is but one thing I know for sure this baby is mine and it is coming when it is suppose to come. When I first got pregnant I was really nervous about how I was going to handle two. I remember being so overwhelmed since my first is so attached. It's funny how things work out fast forward six months and my Jacoby is so much more like a little boy and getting bigger and bigger everyday. Don't get me wrong he is still as attached as ever but he wants to be big and surprises my every day with how much he is growing up. He is so excited about this baby and talks about it or to it all day long. He is very concerned about his Mama and wants to make sure that I am ok all the time. He picks up pretty quick when I am not feeling well and runs and tells his Daddy. I had a bloody nose the other day and he looked at me and said, "I'm going to go and get Daddy". He ran upstairs and Jarod was in the shower, he threw back the shower curtain and told him I was bleeding. In the meantime, I was trying to waddle up the stairs as fast as possible because I knew Jarod would freak out. I was yelling it's just my nose but he was out of the shower faster than I could get up there.
Last night I was having contractions and Jacoby woke up Jarod and just pointed at me. Then told him I was having contractions. He was so worried about me. He held my hand and rubbed my back. I finally told him after about thirty minutes that I was really ok and he could go to sleep now. I knew he wouldn't go to sleep until I told him that I was ok and he knew it. He is so caring about me and the baby and I know that he will be an amazing big brother.
I am caring the baby diagonally across my belly. The baby's head is really low on my left side so much that it feels like I am laying on this poor babies head when I lay on my left side. The baby's little feet are clear up high on my right side. I can feel the little feet moving all the time and can feel the babies head in my palm and feel the little arms and hands move. I love to feel the baby move! I was surprised that the baby is already starting to move down but I know exactly when it happened. I had just went to a yoga labor class and then left there and went to the zoo with the boys. The next day I was having contractions all day and sure enough the baby was very busy and turned diagonally up side down.
I am so in love with this baby and I cannot wait to meet him or her!

2 comments:

Joy said...

You look amazing! I think you are having a little girl. Mostly because I want us to have girls together! Enjoy the weight gain, it's all worth it! When else can you let yourself go, guilt-free? Me and my 50 lbs are loving each other!

Steph said...

You really do look so BEAUTIFUL! I love hearing about your pregnancy journey. It happens so fast and before you know it your baby is almost 6 months old. Savor the moments, I love that *almost said HE*...haha, out of habit I'm sure...you are getting kicked in the ribs like me...I thought Braden was going to break them by the end! Anyways, just love on those little kicks and feeling your body doing this remarkable thing, growing your precious baby!