Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in Ohio

Jacoby was so excited when he woke up on Christmas morning. He wanted to know if Santa had came so we told him he had to wait and we would go see. We ran downstairs and got the cameras ready and then we told him he could come down. He was a little cautious at first, actually I think he was pretty overwhelmed to begin with. He didn't know where to go first.
But it didn't take him long to check out all of his new toys. He got a tractor.
The train set that used to be his Daddy's and a scooter and table and chairs. Grandma and Grandpa J brought everything all the way from Denver.
While we were opening presents he suddenly remembered the snacks he left for Santa and the reindeer and ran over to see them. Santa loved his snack and Jacoby was really happy.
Then it was back to opening Christmas presents. Jacoby was really excited to give his Daddy the calendar we had made for him and I think he was even more excited to give me my present. Jarod let him pick it out all by himself. He asked him what my favorite thing was and Jacoby told him ice cream- he knows me too well! But since ice cream would have melted under the tree they got me a gift card to one of our favorite places here for ice cream. Then he told his daddy he wanted to get me some pants for when I had my tractions. Jarod took him to Target and let him pick out the perfect ones. First Jacoby wanted to bring me home lingerie because he thought they would look nice on me but then he spotted the perfect pair- Mickey Mouse jammies! He kept telling Jarod that they were perfect and I was going to love them. I do love them they are very cozy and remind me of my little boy every time I wear them.
After opening presents, the rest of them took off for our yearly traditional football game.
I was on the injured list this year but I did get a couple of funny shots before they left.
Jacoby trying to be just like Daddy. They had a great time playing football and brought home a very tired boy!
We had a traditional Christmas dinner and hung out the rest of the night.
The next day we went to the nature museum here in Cincinnati and had a great time.
The night of the 26th, I was up for a few hours having contractions and after dealing with them by myself for a few hours I woke up Jarod. We were up all night long with contractions. Later that morning we were making breakfast and Jarod went to open a jar and the entire thing broke in his hands. He cut his pinkie on his right hand really bad. I was standing next to him and he turned to show me with blood running down his hand and I lost it. Good thing his family was there to help take care of him because all I did was go to my room and cry. I was so overwhelmed with everything and just couldn't take one more thing. Poor Jarod had to go to the urgent room and get 7 stitches and his hand put in a splint.
We had made big plans to do a lot of stuff to get ready for the baby but with me being so pregnant and Jarod not being able to use his right hand we didn't get too much done. Luckily for us his family painted the nursery or else that wouldn't have gotten done.
Overall it was a nice Christmas. The best part was watching Jacoby and seeing how excited he was about everything. It was the best!

No comments: