Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer of rain

At the beginning of this summer we had a massive heat wave constantly and now we are having rain non stop.  There has been no in between!  So instead of letting the rain stop our summer barbecues Jarod got creative.  Take that rain!!  And yes that is half the back of our house that fell when we had a HUGE storm. 
I was in the kitchen making dinner and I looked out the window and thought man that gutter is really sagging.  I opened up the door and the six hundred pound piece came crashing down.  I was able to move quick enough that it did not land on me but thank goodness I didn't have either of the boys with me!!
The boys and I also had a fun afternoon of no power.  I had just pulled Jace out of the tub and Jacoby was still in.  The lights started flickering and then went out.  Jacoby freaked out because it was pitch dark in the bathroom and I was in the hallway putting Jace's clothes on.  Once I told him what was going on he was ok and immediately thought we needed to light every candle in our house and say a prayer. 
This weather has been keeping us on our toes!

No comments: