Friday, January 14, 2011

Look Who's Two!!






























Oh my goodness, where does the time go? I really cannot believe that my baby is 2. It has been an amazing two years- the best two years of my life- and it just keeps getting better. Being a mother is a challenge every day but the rewards are amazing. I really think that you get from your kids what you put into it and so I try everyday to teach this amazing little boy but lets be honest he really is the one teaching me. He loves so unconditionally. He is the most caring and sweet child I have ever been around and he really just wants to make sure everyone is happy and loved. He is amazing and I love him more than I ever thought possible. I hope he knows that and never forgets how much his Mama loves him.
Here is an update on my sweet baby boy.
-He weighed in at 25. 1 at his two year appointment. We finally hit double digits and hit the 20%!! He was 90% in height. He is still long and lean but I was so glad that he had put on some weight.
-Jacoby is pretty much potty trained. He has a sticker chart in the bathroom that is covered with stickers and he gets so excited every time when he gets a new one. I have let him take the lead on this since he started so young. Most days he wears his Mickey Mouse underwear in the morning, even when we run errands, we put a diaper on him for nap and most of the time he wants to stay in a diaper until his Daddy gets home and then it's back to underwear. But then again there are days that he is just not interested. I don't push it at all and follow his lead. It seems to be working so far.
-He is obsessed with anything Mickey Mouse related. It's the only show I can get him to sit and watch. It started after our trip to Disney World this September. He also still loves giraffes. Loves to play with his cars but most of all his balls. He got a basketball hoop for Christmas and we spend our days shooting baskets, playing baseball and hitting golf balls. He is ALL boy.
-He loves to sing and dance. He loves the Black Eyed Peas song "Tonight's Going to be a Good Night" (I don't even know the name of it) and runs around the house or jumps on the couch singing it at the top of his lungs. Then he will find my I-pod and want me to turn it on and then he will pull out his drum and play along with the song. It is so funny. He is constantly singing, playing the drums or his guitars. He loves music.
-Jacoby has a thing for babies right now. When he sees one he cannot keep his hands off. He wants to pat them and kiss them. He pretends his stuffed animals are babies and rocks them, shushes them and pats their back. He is constantly asking me for one. He will even tell you that he wants a girl and he wants to name her Julia. I have no idea where he came up with Julia- he doesn't know one and there is not one in any of his books but he is certain that should be her name.
-Jacoby slept on our floor on his crib mattress for a long time. A few weeks ago, out of the blue one night he told me he wanted to sleep in his room. I about fell over. Since that night he has slept in his room for every nap and for bed without a single fight. I was really sad the first night. My little boy is getting so big.
-He may be getting big but according to him he is still Mama's baby. He LOVES me! He loves to play with my hair and I love it when he asks if we can lay on the couch and cuddle. When he wakes up in the morning and after his nap he loves to cuddle and if we don't have anywhere to go we will cuddle and read books for about an hour. He is my cuddle bug and I love every minute of it.
- He loves to help me do anything- start the laundry, make dinner, clean the house. He is my little helper. The other day we were sitting on the couch after lunch and I told him that I needed to clean the house. He told me "No Mama, Jacoby clean the house". I said ok and he got up and started picking up his toys and putting the dishes on the counter. I told him I could help and he said "No, Jacoby do it." I asked him what I should do and he said with his hands up in the air "Whatever you want Mama".
- He loves his Daddy and get so excited when he gets home or when he wakes up on the weekends and his Daddy is here. He thinks he is hysterical and they have so many inside jokes and things that they do together that cracks me up. They love to sing "Blue Bonnets" by Cross Canadian Ragweed- it's their song.
We love this little boy and he is so wonderful! We are so thankful that he is our son and we are so thankful for the opportunity that we have to watch him grow. We love you so much Jacobes!












1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

OOHHH!! I tear up thinking of the love that you share. He is so sweet. I am proud of you and Jarod and the way you are with him. Love you