Friday, May 20, 2011

The Big Move

Well most of you who read this blog already know this but I wanted to document it for future reference... we are moving to.....


CINCINNATI, OHIO


Yep, random I know. Never thought I would live there but I know with everything that I am that we are suppose to move there and it is the right time and place for my family. The reason is yet to be determined though :)


A few months ago, it was crazy around here! I mean CRAZY!!! For the last six months we have been waiting for a job to open up that Jarod would be interested in going after. It has been a long roller coaster ride. We had two jobs that didn't pan out and we were really getting frustrated. So frustrated that we actually started looking outside of Wrigley.


In one week, three jobs at Wrigley opened up that they were heavily recruiting Jarod for and we had an opportunity outside that we decided to look at a little deeper. Jarod went and interviewed on a Wednesday and on Thursday we had a job offer. We were so surprised and stunned that this was all happening and we didn't know what to make of it. Jarod and I are both very decisive people but this was the first time in our life that we truly did not know what to do. One minute we thought this job and the next this one. It was driving us both insane. After some thought we eliminated two of the Wrigley jobs. One was a higher level and much higher pay but we didn't feel that the timing was right so that left us with two- one with Wrigley and one outside. We made a trip to Milwaukee where the other company was located and that made us even more confused. I spoke to my mom, sister and my good friend Steph while Jarod bounced it off Rob, Jeff, his family and his old college advisor Jack Osborne. Every time either of us would think about leaving Wrigley it would make our hearts pound a little harder and gave us both a small panic attack. We didn't know if that meant we were suppose to go and we were just nervous about all the changes or if it meant that it wasn't the right decision. After thinking and discussing and lots of prayers we finally made the decision to stay with Wrigley and move to Cincinnati. The position is a big one for Jarod. He will be the National Account Manager for Kroger.


After we made the decision, I was still not certain we had made the right decision. I continued to struggle for a few weeks and the farther away from the situation I allowed myself to get the more clear it came to me that Cincinnati was the right decision. Funny how some things work out.

We will be moving to Cincinnati in August! We are really excited for this next chapter and to be honest we just want to go like yesterday! So I am learning some more patience which I could always use more of.

1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

I am so excited to see what awaits you in Cinninati. I know that we are lead if we allow ourselves to be lead. A really good reminder that someone watches over us and knows us. Love you.