Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oprah

Today was the last day of the Oprah show and oh how I will miss it! This last year has been amazing to watch and with all the crap and negativity on TV I find that I am drawn to a show that at it's essence is all about love and connection. The last few months I have been reminded again and again that love is all you need. I look for it everyday in what I watch on TV, what I read and who I surround myself with. Watching her show today reminded me that one person can have a huge positive impact on the world. One person can lift others up around them and one person has the power to change lives. I am not naive enough to think nor do I want fame like Oprah but I believe that you do have the power to be who you were born to be. I believe that you do have the power to make your life what you want it to be. I believe that you do have the power to do great things and change peoples lives. I do believe that you have a calling here on Earth and it is your job to figure out what your calling is. I do believe that each person is here on Earth for a purpose at the correct time and in the correct place. I do believe that this life is the greatest lesson of all. I do believe that I am here for a reason, that I am given trials that help me learn lessons that I need to learn. I believe that people have been brought into my life at different times for different reasons and I am thankful for all the people that had the power to change my life for the better.

4 comments:

Jim Domeny said...

All I can say is AMEN!!!!!! I love you and am always amazed by you. You are truly a chose daughter of our Heavenly Father. i am so blessed to have you in my life. Love,Mom

Jessica said...

Thanks Mom! I love you too! And I am so glad that you are the only one who really even reads this blog :)

Steph said...

Agreed, you are such an amazing friend of mine and will never realize the impact you have had on my life! I will miss you SO SO SO much when you move but am so excited for all the new adventures your beautiful family is about to have!!! PS I read your blog faithfully!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks Steph! I feel the same about you and I will miss you so much!! Love you!