Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Quote

For the longest time I have been trying to put some words with how I feel I am being lead to raise my child. Today while I was reading CJane, I finally came across it!! This is a promise given to missionaries but it hit me like a ton of bricks when I read it, I agree, this is a promise to mothers too.

“for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”

I cannot tell you how many times I have been directed and lead on how to raise Jacoby. From the moment he was born I have felt angels and I have heard his voice telling me directly what to do and I know there has been moments that he has had to bear me up. How thankful I am to have this promise as a mother. It is not easy but I know that it is my most important work I will ever do and I love being a Mama.

http://blog.cjanerun.com/2011/05/talk-written-while-on-hormonal-high.html

4 comments:

Jim Domeny said...

Love it!!!! It is a scripture that has meant so much to me. Especially when Tyler was on his mission and they were hit by the car. Gives me comfort to know we are not alone. I believe this because I have felt the presence of angels around me. Love you Mom

Jim Domeny said...

Didn't you get my other comment?

Unknown said...

Don't you think though that we are serving a mision as we raise our children. The other day for Mother's day I was asked by my Primary children if I had served a mission. I responded with a "no" and began regretting not serving a mission. Then I thought about it a little more that I am serving a mission everyday that I raise Emma. I am teaching her the gospel and showing her the right way to live. So I think that quote fits perfectly for what we do as mothers. When I think about how much Heavenly Father trusts us to raise His children, and what a blessing that is, I don't think He would expect us to do it by ourselves. I agree that there has to be angels on either side of us constantly lefting us up and helping us raise these Children of God.

Jessica said...

Yes,then blogger had a an update and it delted the entire post so

i had to post it again but
i got it!