Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 I wasn't in the best of moods when I woke up on Mother's Day.  It had been a long night of a slight meltdown and very little sleep but Jarod took Jacoby and Jace and I slept in.  Then when I got up they had made blueberry pancakes and I was in a much better mood!
 We got ready for church and the took a few pictures on our way out the door with my sweet boys who I love more than anything!
 We got to church and all the kids went up to the front to sing and it was the first time that my child was up there.  It was so funny!  First of all he kept telling Jarod that he was scared so we told him he didn't have to go up there but then he told us he was a super hero and was so brave so then he wanted to.  When it was time, he was so excited and when straight up and right in the middle, where he stood the entire time just looking at the crowd.  He didn't sing at all but just stared at everyone with this funny look on his face.  Jarod and I were cracking up!  He threw in a couple of waves as well. 
Later in relief society the Bishop spoke and it was awesome!  I love our Bishop.  At the end of his talk, the primary kids all came in and sang again.  Jacoby walked through the door and ran over to me and yelled surprise then went back with the other kids.  He actually sang this time and smiled and waved at me.  It was adorable and I cried the entire time!  The lady next to me told me that Jacoby looked like an angel and I couldn't have agreed more in that moment.  It was a very special moment and then he came over and gave me a huge hug and kiss and gave me this pretty necklace that I have on.  (I had to wear it for days after Mother's day we well.  He would run and find it and have me wear it!).  It had all the nice things he was going to do for me like help with Jace, clean the hallway (not sure what he meant by that?), clean his room and do the dishes. 
He was insistent when we got home that he did all of those things.  Jarod and Jacoby made a steam pot for dinner.  It was so good!  One of my favorites for sure.

Jacoby loves clams and he loves playing with the shells as well.
Jacers was happy just kicking around while we ate.
After dinner, Jacoby did the dishes with a little help from Daddy.  He thought it was so cool!  Maybe I should let him do it more often other then my entire kitchen was soaked but that is an easy fix.
The boys got me a new bike trailer that we tested out and loved.  They signed me up for a photography class.  That was awesome!  And they gave me the book, "The gift of giving life" which is the best book I have ever read and very fitting for Mother's Day.  I had been waiting for it to come and it was worth the wait. 
I am so glad to be a mother.  I know that this is my calling in life.  There is nothing that I enjoy more then being with my family and being a mother to my baby boys.  They are my everything and I am so thankful for them every day!

No comments: