Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rain, rain, rain


I love summer rain storms!  I have fond memories of a child playing in the rain.  Running out to the big street by my house where there was always a big puddle waiting and we would stand and wait for cars to drive by and splash us.  We loved to ride our bikes in the puddles and have the water from the tires get us all wet or chase our homemade boats down the gutters.  To me it means summer! 
We had a huge warm rain storm the other day, just as Jarod was getting home.  We were all out on the front porch watching the rain and I suddenly got up and took off running and dancing in the rain.  Jacobes was a little surprised and then he got a huge smile on his face and ran out to join me.  We ran and ran and danced and danced.  We were soaked but to hear him laugh and squeal made it all worth it!  I love reliving my childhood with my children!!  It is even better the second time around.

No comments: