Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beach Bums

The next morning Jarod and I took turns running on the beach.  It was an incredible morning with lots of dolphins and I was the only person out there for a while. Then we took the boys putt putt golfing.  This was on Jacoby's list of things he wanted to do on vacation.  It was such a fun animal themed place and we all had a great time. 
After golf, we decided to drive to Norfolk because I wanted to hit the Ross store there.  I am so glad I did I got a really cute new top and pants. 
Then we headed to a new cupcake place that Jarod and Jacoby had watched on cupcake wars a few nights before.  We decided we were on vacation on cupcakes for lunch was acceptable.  Let me tell you, I am not a big cupcake fan.  Actually, I don't really get what all the fuss is about.  There were some fairly good places in Chicago but I still didn't get it... until now!! 
This place was incredible!!!!  We were all huge fans and the six flavors we tried were the best cupcakes I have ever had, hands down.

Then we came back to the beach and had a blast playing.  They had a fun park right on the beach and Jacoby enjoyed playing on that and I took Jace to the indoor pool for a while and he loved watching the water fall. 
We all showered up and went out to dinner at another amazing restaurant.  Actually, we had tried to go there every night but the wait was too long so we got there right when it opened and it was amazing.  We had the best food the entire time! 

When we got back from dinner we stopped at the beach and took these great pictures and then we ran upstairs, changed back in our suits and hit the beach again. 

We just can't get enough.  We love it!
It was another amazing day!! 
That night we were putting the boys down and Jacoby told Jace that he loved him more than hole in ones!!  We just started giggling.  It was so cute!
Our vacation went by way too fast.  The next day we headed to the airport and came home.  Jacoby was really sad to leave the beach and kept saying I will miss you beach but we will see you soon.  Can't wait to do it all again soon!!

No comments: