Monday, August 27, 2012

Mamma and Paka Visit

 My mom and dad came out for a visit and we had a filled vacation!  We started the trip out by hitting up the zoo and this time Jacoby had to show them how he could feed the giraffes and this time I did it too!  It was awesome!  I mean seriously how many times in your life do  you get to feed a giraffe?
 Jace was just happy hanging out with Paka at the zoo
 or Mamma at the house.  He stayed like this forever.  It was so cute.  He was so comfortable! 
The beginning of our trip was great and then one night, Jace needed a nap and he would not go back to sleep so I decided that I would throw him in the car and take him on a ride.  My mom came with me and we drove through the next town over.  We were stopped at a pedestrian cross walk as a bunch of high school kids were running in front and beside us.  The car behind us was distracted with all the craziness and did not stop and ran in to us.  It was scary!  I saw him coming and turned to make sure Jace was ok.  He was sound asleep and woke up screaming.  We all got out of the car and were ok but since then I have had a bad time with my neck and back since I was so contorted when we got hit.  It could have been much worse and I feel that someone was watching over us that day.
That unfortunately took over the rest of our trip.  It was so time consuming and we didn't have a car for a few days but we made the most of hanging out and I was so glad they were there so I could take care of all the paperwork.
We did go to Kirtland and Cleveland and the day that they flew out we went to the Dayton Air museum.
 Jace thought he was such a big boy sitting in the umbrella stroller for the first time. 
 I knew that my parents, especially my dad would think it was really cool and they did.  We had a great time.
 My mom was pretty sore that day from the car accident but we hit all the highlights and that was plenty with two kids! 
Then we took them to the airport and then I drove home with the two kids and they did great!  Thank goodness! 
Thanks Mom and Dad for coming out!  We always love having you!!

1 comment:

Jim Domeny said...

I am so glad that we were able to come. I too know that we were being protected when we were hit by the other car. It is still very surreal to think that it happened. It was so quick and could have had such a different outcome. I hope that you start feeling better soon. Other than that we had a great time. I love to come and visit you and Jarod are always the perfect hosts. Love to all of you. Mom